Thursday 1 January 2015

2014 2015 Reflections



I never intended on writing this post, but as I sit here in my onesie slightly hungover, I though it seemed fitting to reflect on 2014 and the year ahead. Prepare for some cheesy new year quotes...

2014 was a bit of a funny one for me. As cheesy as it sounds, there really was a mixture of highs and lows. I began the year unemployed, uninspired and feeling pretty lost. I felt like I was having a bit of a quarter life crisis and didn't know which way to turn. I finally realised that it's ok not to be ok (cringe but true), and that things cannot change overnight.





By the end of the year  I had a new job, passed my driving test, lost weight and began leading a much healthier and active lifestyle. At 23, I may not be where I had hoped or intended, but I have definitely come a long way since the start of 2014 and am so happy that my dedication has paid off.



So what's in store for this year? I am trying not to put any pressure on myself to stick to any new years resolutions, although there are a few things I hope to work on/do more of as we go onto 2015...

Give more-Whether that is doing more charity work or giving to those who are less fortunate, I really want to put some time into helping others and doing what I can to make a difference.

Read more actual books-No that does not include magazines or anything on an electronic screen haha! I used to be such a book worm and would love to get back into reading more regularly.

Stop worrying and care less about what others think- Anyone who knows me will tell you I am the biggest worrier who over thinks everything. This year I will be working on boosting my self confidence, worrying less about other peoples opinion and just calming the f*ck down.

Save save save-Being a shopaholic I find it really hard to stick to saving regularly. I would love to move out over the next few years and travel, so I know I need to start cutting back on the impulse buys and put the money away instead (let's see how this one goes).

Blog more- I definately struggled with keeping motivated during 2014, which led to me severly neglecting my little old blog! This year I am getting a notebook and getting organised. I love blogging and it's such a shame that I have let it go.

Focus on building my career and pushing myself to achieve more-Pass me a copy of #Girlboss pronto.



I hope you all had a lovely night and have had a good start to 2015 so far...even if you have been chillin in your pj's all day
x

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree with the save business! I always want new! Us girls wound save a ton of money if we swapped haha, I'm only saying that cosmic have some lovely stuff! Wanna do a clothes swap?

    Jenn

    www.throughlunaeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your hard work throughout 2014 really did pay off!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a lot of the same goals, happy new year & good luck :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post- I had a similar year- lots of highs and lows, unemployment, heartbreak, yada yada yada...but I think you really have to try and use the lows to get back up again (sounds cliche but true!) Glad to hear your year turned around though and sounds like you worked very hard to do it.

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Templates made by pipdig